Hey, there, my name is Heather and it’s so nice to meet you!
Instead of just telling you about me and my blog, I want to try something. I’m going to briefly describe myself and I want you to see if any of it sounds familiar to you:
- I’m creeping up on 50.
- I am totally into gourmet cooking, food, and unique kitchen gadgets.
- Oh, my gosh, the search for colleges for child #1 has begun. Wait, you know what that means? Road trips!! Woo hoo!!
- I love to travel (I may or may not have alluded to in my previous bullet point). Usually my trips are for work or school but I always make a point of getting out to explore. Sometimes, though, my trips are longer and more involved, such as family vacations, so we have to really work to keep them affordable.
- I’m no fashion plate but I do love nice things and have been experimenting lately with putting together gorgeous outfits on a shoestring.
- I’m crazy busy with family, home, job, grad school… It can be so hard to keep up and sometimes I just feel like my head will explode!
- I love to try new things and to step outside my comfort zone just so I can say I DID IT.
- My life is a series of playlists and I’m…well, I’m kind of a music snob if I’m going to be honest. 😉
So what do you think? Can you relate to any of those things? Ah ha, I thought so! You’re definitely in the right place.
About My Blog
I started this blog because I have passions and ideas I want to share. We’ll talk about food, travel, fashion, living the good life, and just having fun! As far as I’m concerned, midlife is the best time to rediscover and redefine ourselves–to try new things and make the most of what life (and the world!) has to offer.
Want to know more about me? In one of my first posts, I get a little more into the nitty gritty of who Heather is, so please do check it out.
I’m so glad you’re here to share all this with me! We’re going to have so much fun. =)
P.S. I’d hate for you to miss a thing so I highly encourage you to subscribe! Don’t forget to whitelist or friend email@example.com because I guarantee your email filter will throw my emails away (Heather is apparently a very spammy name. :-\ )